CONDITIONS of ENTRY
- This call for entry is open to all artists 18 YEARS + living in Ontario.
- A non-refundable pre-registered entry fee of $25.00 will be required. A Registration Form will be available online and in person (any of the locations listed below), until Monday, September 4, 2017 at 5 p.m., at www.liveartcompetitionbrampton.com. Drop off Registration and payment to any of the following locations. Cash, Debit or Cheque (cheque payable to Inzola in Trust). *PAMA accepts Cash or Debit only.
- Baci Gifts, located at 37 Queen St. W., Downtown-Brampton, ON L6Y 1L9, 905-457-3660. Cash or Cheque only.
- Inzola, located at 105 Heart Lake Rd. Unit #1, Brampton-ON L6W 3K1, 905-453-8266. Cash or Cheque only.
*PAMA, Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives, located at 9 Wellington, St. E., Brampton, On L6W 1Y1, 905-791-4055. Cash or Debit only.
- Registration will also be available on the day of the event for $30.00 at 24 Queen St. East (Lower Lobby of Market Square Business Centre).
- This event is a rain or shine event, please come prepared in case of inclement weather. Interior space will be available.
- Artists can paint a subject of their choice within Downtown Brampton and surrounding areas. (A map will be provided at registration to all entrants).
- One standard and stamped 16″x20″ canvas or 14″x20″ – 140 pounds watercolour paper will be provided to each registrant.
- Artists must bring their own equipment and materials including a mat and support for watercolour paintings. Please bring protection for surfaces at the location of your preference. (i.e. drop cloth)
- Display of work for judging details needed i.e. No frames will be allowed on pieces submitted for judging. For works on watercolour, artist must provide their own mat.
- Schedule of events:
- Registration 9 to 10 a.m., at 24 Queen St. East (Lower Lobby of Market Square Business Centre) located in Downtown Brampton-ON. First come, first serve basis.
- Painting time starts from the moment of registration to 1 p.m.
- Artwork must be submitted back at 24 Queen St. East (Lower Lobby of Market Square Business Centre) between 1:00 p.m. and 1:20 p.m.
- Judging 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Public Community Canvas Painting Activity 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 24 Queen St. East (Lower Lobby of Market Business Centre).
- Public is invited to view the artwork from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., at 24 Queen St. East (Lower Lobby of Market Business Centre).
- Closing Ceremony 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Garden Square.
- The winners will receive:
- Oil /acrylic on canvas – First Place: $800.00
- Oil /acrylic on canvas -Second Place: $400.00
- Oil /acrylic on canvas -Third place: Dinner for 2
- Watercolour – First Place: $800.00
- Watercolour -Second Place: $400.00
- Watercolour -Third place: Dinner for 2
- Gerrie Loveys, Assistant Curator from Peel Art Gallery, Museum & Archives in Brampton.
- Lidija Perri, Downtown Brampton Community Representative.
- Reagan Hayward, Executive Director at Beaux Arts Brampton.
- Rosa Graci, Curator at the Joseph D. Carrier Art Gallery in Toronto.
- A selection of artwork will be selected by the jury for display at the following locations:
Beaux Arts Brampton from the 10 to 16 of September (70-74 Main Street North, Brampton-ON, 905-454-5677, www.beaux-artsbrampton.com).
BIA office from 18 to 22 of September (74 Main St. North, Brampton-ON, 905-874-2936, www.downtownbramptonbia.ca).
NOTE: All works selected for display must be picked up by Tuesday, September 25, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., at Baci Gifts at 37 Queen Street West, Brampton-ON, 905-457-3660.
- The BIA, Partners and Supporters will not be responsible for loss or damage on any artwork.
- Artwork and Artists names will be published on the BIA website and used on social media by the BIA, Partners and Supporters.
- Sale of artwork is the responsibility of the artist.
- For further information on materials, rules, methods of payment, etc., please contact Grettel Comas | Baci Gifts | 905-457-3660.
Good Luck and Have a Great Time!