CONDITIONS of ENTRY
- This call for entry is open to all artists 18 YEARS + living in Ontario.
- A non-refundable pre-registered entry fee of $25.00 will be required. REGISTER Before Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 to be in our EARLY BIRD DRAW to have your admission paid for!! After July 25th, registration fee is $30.00 until the day of the competition.
- A Registration Form will be available online and in person (any of the locations listed below), at www.liveartcompetitionbrampton.com. Drop off Registration and payment to any of the following locations. Cash, Debit or Cheque (cheque payable to Inzola in Trust). *PAMA accepts Cash or Debit only.
- Baci Gifts, located at 37 Queen St. W., Downtown-Brampton, ON L6Y 1L9, 905-457-3660. Cash or Cheque only.
- Inzola, located at 105 Heart Lake Rd. Unit #1, Brampton-ON L6W 3K1, 905-453-8266. Cash or Cheque only.
*PAMA, Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives, located at 9 Wellington, St. E., Brampton, On L6W 1Y1, 905-791-4055. Cash or Debit only.
- This event is a rain or shine event, please come prepared in case of inclement weather. Interior space will be available.
- Artists can paint a subject of their choice within Downtown Brampton and surrounding areas. (A map will be provided at registration to all entrants).
- One standard and stamped 16″x20″ canvas or 14″x20″ – 140 pounds watercolour paper will be provided to each registrant.
- Artists must bring their own equipment and materials including a mat and support for watercolour paintings. Please bring protection for surfaces at the location of your preference. (i.e. drop cloth)
- Display of work for judging details needed i.e. No frames will be allowed on pieces submitted for judging. For works on watercolour, artist must provide their own mat.
- Schedule of events:
9:00 am – 10 am: Registration at 33 Queen St. West (Daily Times Square- in the Conservatory) located in Downtown Brampton-ON. First come, first serve basis
10:00 am – 1 pm: Artists painting Downtown Brampton
1:00 pm – 1:20 pm: Artwork must be submitted back at 33 Queen St. West (Daily Times Square- in the Conservatory).
2:00 pm – 3:15 pm: Judging time
2:45 pm – 3:30 pm: Public Community Canvas Painting Activity 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 33 Queen St. West (Daily Times Square in the Conservatory).
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Public is invited to view the artwork from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., at 33 Queen St. West (Daily Times Square in the Conservatory).
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Closing Ceremony at 33 Queen St. West (Daily Times Square in the Conservatory).
- The winners will receive:
- Oil /acrylic on canvas – First Place: $800.00
- Oil /acrylic on canvas -Second Place: $400.00
- Oil /acrylic on canvas -Third place: Dinner for 2
- Watercolour – First Place: $800.00
- Watercolour -Second Place: $400.00
Watercolour -Third place: Dinner for 2
- Announcement coming soon.
- A selection of artwork will be selected by the jury for display at the following locations:
Beaux Arts Brampton from August 29 to September 8 at (70-74 Main Street North, Brampton-ON, 905-454-5677, www.beaux-artsbrampton.com).
NOTE: All artworks selected for display must be picked up by Tuesday, September 25, 2018 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., at Baci Gifts at 37 Queen Street West, Brampton-ON, 905-457-3660.
- Live Art Competition organizers, The BIA, Partners and Supporters will not be responsible for loss or damage on any artwork.
- Artwork and Artists names will be published on the BIA website and used on social media by the BIA, Partners and Supporters.
- Sale of artwork is the responsibility of the artist.
- For further information on materials, rules, methods of payment, etc., please contact Grettel Comas | Baci Gifts | 905-457-3660.
Good Luck and Have a Great Time!