Location : 8 Queen Street East, Brampton
Consultant : Black & Moffat Architect Limited
Contract Type : Design Build
Project Value : $3,000,000
Project Size : 12,000 sq.ft.
Duration : 16 months (Completed December 2008).
This Historic Landmark in Downtown Brampton was originally built in 1889 and designed by Thomas Fuller, Canada’s first Parliament Buildings Architect in Ottawa. Work on this building included the restoration of the stone and brick facade, wood window restoration and replacement, complete lead coated copper roof replacement and clock tower restoration. It also consisted of a 4,500 sq. ft. addition, new elevator installation and full interior tenant fit-up complete with new mechanical and electrical systems, accommodating ground floor retail and two levels of office space.